At the FDC website, we believe that the privacy of personal data is a key factor to the success of our Internet community and, therefore, we do our best to provide a safe environment for those surfing our website.
1 – Automatically transmitted Information
2 – Personal information
3 – How information will be used
4 – What are your options with regard to the collection, the use and the distribution of information concerning you
6 - Links to other websites
7 – Security precautions established for your protection in case of loss, improper use or changes to information concerning you.
1- Automatically transmitted Information
When surfing the Internet, pieces of information that are automatically transmitted between computers are collected as part of technological requirements inherent to browsing activities, and for statistical purposes. It is impossible, using this information, to identify who is surfing the FDC website. Internet Access Service Providers alone know that. The above-mentioned collected information includes:
1. the Internet domain name (for example: klxempressa.com.br), if you are accessing the net using a private access, or, if you gain access to the net through the account of a university, for instance, the IP address (the IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer by the internet service provider every time you access the net and with which you may also access our website);
2. the type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
3. date and time when you entered our website;
4. the websites you visit within FDC website;
5. and, if you gain access to our website through another website, the address of said website.
This exchange of information is necessary to enable the server to transmit files that are compatible with the equipment you use.
2- Personal information
Some personal information is collected when you register and fill in a contact or registration form. During the registration process, the FDC website asks your name, e-mail address and additional personal information. The more correct the information you give, the better will be the personalisation of your experience.
Personal information collected is not disclosed without your prior consent. We do not sell, rent or share your personal data with third parties. This information is used exclusively to create user profiles and to improve the services we provide you with. The information also enables our collaborators to direct content in a more efficacious way.
3- How information will be used
Information collected by the FDC website is used to personalise content and services provided. This includes personalisation of page content, interactive communications etc. The more Fundação Dom Cabral knows about you, the more relevant the content and services it will be able to provide you. And more relevant services mean better on-line experiences.
Information may also be used to generate general statistical data aimed at either informative or commercial use. Users’ geographic, demographic, use profile and psychographic information may be transferred to partners, sponsors, advertisers or other external organisations without disclosing names or other kinds of browsing data.
Registered users may, at any time, opt for not receiving e-mail messages from the FDC website containing offers, advertisement or other kinds of content.
Individual personal information is neither commercialised nor transferred to third parties, except in case of judicial order or similar instrument, or in case Fundação Dom Cabral believes the disclosing of said information is necessary to identify, make contact or initiate legal proceedings against anyone who may be harming or interfering, intentionally or not, with the rights or property of Fundação Dom Cabral, of users of the FDC website or of any person.
4- What are your options with regard to the collection, the use and the distribution of information concerning you
Upon registering at the FDC webiste, you may occasionally receive e-mail messages offering products and services that possibly interest you. Only the FDC website team sends such communications. If you do not want to receive them anymore, all you have to do is tell us, at any time, selecting, on the message itself, the corresponding option.
Cookies are customarily used to:
- provide differentiated services by remembering who you are and what are your surfing habits, and to access the information you entered when registering at FDC website (which are stored in our servers);
- calculate the size of FDC website’s audience;
- measure certain patterns of surfing, mapping what areas of the FDC website you have visited and your overall browsing habits. We use this information to check the surfing routine of our users and, therefore, to offer increasingly personalised contents and services;
- facilitate and quicken the filling of formularies. Information in each user’s cookies may be used to previously fill in the data collection formularies available at the FDC website.
A cookie cannot retrieve information from you hard disk or from other cookies created by other websites. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you may avoid this by modifying the preferences in your browser. You will be given the options of accepting all cookies, of being notified when a cookie is sent to your computer or of rejecting them altogether. If you choose to reject all cookies, you will not be able to use the services offered by the FDC website that require registration. In addition, you will not be able to enjoy all the benefits and facilities of a personalised experience on the Internet.
6- Links to other websites
7- Security precautions established for your protection in case of loss, improper use or changes to information concerning you
Users that may access the restricted area of FDC website will have information related to their accounts in our website protected by password, so that only users themselves have access to their personal data. The password is private and we recommend it be kept in secrecy. In case you access FDC website’s restricted area, we recommend you make sure to log off and close the browser’s window when you walk away, even if it's just for a few minutes. This will prevent other people from having access to your personal information, in case you are sharing a computer with someone else or using a public computer such as those available in libraries, for instance. No data transmission over the Internet is one hundred per cent secure. Therefore, despite the fact that FDC website always does its best to protect your personal data, it is impossible to guarantee the security of all the information you gave us. The use of the service, under these conditions, is an individual decision.
Messages published by the user
The FDC website stimulates the intelligent and responsible use of its contents and services. When surfing the website or participating interactively in one of the services offered, you implicitly assume the responsibility for not sending or transmitting content that:
- indicates, stimulates or promotes gender, race or religious discrimination, or any other form of violation of freedom or fundamental rights as guaranteed by current legislation;
- induces or incites illegal actions or constitutes violation of current legislation;
- leads to erroneous conclusions in consequence of its inexactness, ambiguity, excess, omission or similar characteristic;
- induces or incites any person to take part in dangerous or risky activities, or in activities that may be harmful to the health or the psychic balance of people;
- violates legal norms or regulations regarding privacy of communications, intellectual property, right to honour and to individual or familiar intimacy, or any other provisions regarding the nature of contents or services;
- contains fake, partial or out-dated information;
- includes illicit, violent, pornographic or degrading elements, contents, messages, formats, products or services;
- contains publicity, advertising materials and other ways of offering services, including but not limited to pyramid schemes, undesired messages known as ‘junk mail’ etc.;
- propagates computer viruses, invasive computer programs (worms) or other kinds of computer programs, whether self-replicative or not, that cause permanent or temporary damage to a recipient’s equipment;
- transmits such kinds or quantities of data that cause failures in services or equipment connected to either FDC’s network or the Internet;
- uses the network to try or to gain unauthorised access to communications, information or computing devices;
- creates phony machine, network or electronic mail addresses in an attempt to assign responsibilities to third parties or to hide the identity of an agent;
- destroys or corrupts data and information about other users.
Upon publishing files and comments on this website, you automatically agree with FDC website’s policy and grants unlimited, perpetual and irrevocable licence and sublicense right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and exhibit these comments and files – partially or in their entirety – in all parts of the world, and to create new work derived from said material, in any format, media or technology. In addition, you also grant FDC website team the right to use the name you publish together with your messages.
Regarding the above-described information, FDC website reserves the right to suspend the service and to interrupt or prohibit access to contents of those who are not complying with the terms and conditions herein established. In cases non-compliance implies extreme gravity, at the discretion of FDC website team, suspension, interruption or prohibition may be effected without prior notice.
Distribution, representation, publication or commercial use of materials (brand names, works or creations) provided by the FDC website, without the previous and express authorization of Fundação Dom Cabral, are strictly forbidden.
Violation of these rights is crime and violators are subject to the legal penalties prescribed in Laws number 9,610/98 and 9,279/96 and in article 184 of the Brazilian Civil Code, as well as to the payment of damages. Fundação Dom Cabral may not be held responsible for information that happens to be copied and reproduced in third parties’ websites.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall Fundação Dom Cabral and its executives, directors, employees or representative be held responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or unpredictable damage resulting from any (i) content errors, mistakes or lack of precision, (ii) personal or material damage, of any kind, resulting from the access or use of our website by users, (iii) unauthorised access to or use of our protected servers or any personal or financial information therein stored, (iv) interruption or termination of transmission from or to our website, (v) bug, virus, Trojan horses or similar devices that may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, or (vi) errors or omissions in any content or any loss or damage of any kind suffered as a result of the use of any content or e-mail message sent, transmitted or in any other way provided through the FDC website, be it by responsibility, contract, offense or any other legal hypothesis, irrespective of the company being warned in advance of such possible damage. The above-described limitation of liability will apply to the maximum power admitted by law in the competent jurisdiction.
The user specifically recognises that Fundação Dom Cabral will not he held responsible for any material published by user (texts and comments) or for the defamatory, offensive or illegal behaviour of any third parties, and that the risk of loss or damage posed thereby is entirely assumed by the user.
The user agrees that: (i) FDC’s legal seat is to be considered the sole seat of the FDC website; and that (ii) the FDC webiste will be considered a passive website, giving no room to personal jurisdiction, be it specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than that where FDC’s legal seat is located.